Gmail is the free email service provided by Google. Users can get access to Gmail through the web or maybe by using third-party programs. There are billions of users of Gmail service worldwide.
Growing usage has led to a more significant number of scam messages which need to avoid. Unwanted emails which provide a subscription, or some bank alerts are usually phishing activities done by hackers to get access to your personal data. Hackers design mails in such a way that you may miss the security alerts that Gmail is providing in your inbox. To avoid all these and make accounts secured for customers Gmail Spam Folder has been created.
How to set a Gmail Spam Filter in your account?
- Login to your account.
- Click on the “Gear” icon, which is on the top right corner, and after that, click on “Settings.”
- Go to the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” and then click on “Create a New Filter.”
- There is a “From” section present, so there you can type the address of the sender, which you want to keep out of the spam.
- Click on the “Create Filter.”
- Check on boxes with the option of “never send it to spam” and “apply a filter to matching messages”.
- Finally, click on the “Create Filter” option again.
How to block messages from the sender?
- Open the message sent by the sender you want to block.
- Click on the down arrow, which is present on the upper right of the screen.
- When the drop-down menu is displayed, just select the Block “sender name.”
- To unblock, the same process can be followed.
How to report the spam messages
Gmail has rather sophisticated methods to send the messages straight to the spam folder. The emails they get directly to the Gmail Spam Folder are the emails which have no content, emails from the misleading sender or email address, or email that are appeared to be phishing the personal or financial data.
Flagging a message as spam – The unwanted message can be spam. Gmail instantly catches the algorithm and learns what kind of emails need to be considered spam.
How to unmark an email as spam?
You have the option to remove email from spam if incorrectly marked as spam:
- Open Gmail on your desktop or mobile.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the option of “More.”
- Click on the choice of “Spam”.
- Open that email.
- At the top there is the option of “Not Spam”, click on it.
Why some emails have warning labels?
Gmail has the feature to automatically identify the suspicious emails and then mark them as spam. By clicking on the spam label present on the mail, you can see whether the email is marked as spam by Gmail or by you. Also, if Gmail marks it as spam, then there would be a reason to marks spam will also be present.