Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned yogi, you would know how paramount the regular practice of yoga can be. And with the increasing demand for more accessible practices, the demand for the best yoga mat has also gone up as well!
Let’s take a look at the benefits of using a high-quality yoga mat, as opposed to a cheap one. Even after years of practice, a high-quality yoga mat will still be in excellent condition. It will hold up well against normal use and won’t break easily. A low-quality mat may wear out and give way much more quickly than planned. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best yoga mats you can buy right now, as well as some of the other considerations you should make.
Types of Yoga Mats
- Premium – Premium yoga mats have a man-made rubber cover, which is generally made up of polyurethane, polyester, or natural rubber. Premium yoga mats generally have a thicker cover than the cheaper ones, which is beneficial as it provides a more comfortable feel and better grip.
- Thickness – The thickness of a yoga mat is also known as the girth of the mat. A thinner mat is generally 6-8mm while a thicker one is between 9-10mm. The thickness of a yoga mat is one of the factors to consider while buying one. It is important to know that a thicker mat is generally heavier and harder to fold up, so make sure you buy the one that is light enough for you to carry around comfortably.
How to Choose the Best Yoga Mat?
- Thickness – You can also choose a thicker mat if you are a beginner. When selecting a yoga mat, it is important to know the difference between natural rubber and synthetic rubber.
- Natural rubber – A yoga mat with the name Natural Rubber on it generally means that the mat is made with natural rubber. The natural rubber mat is generally more expensive than the synthetic one, which is why it is usually found in premium yoga mats.
- Anti-slip – Another aspect to keep in mind when buying a yoga mat is the rubber used in its make-up. A yoga mat with anti-slip rubber is generally more expensive than a mat with rubber that is less grippy. The anti-slip rubber prevents your mat from sliding when you are practicing yoga.
Yoga has become increasingly popular with the younger generation, and this is why they need to practice yoga safely. Yoga mats are crucial for practicing yoga, meditation, and other exercises safely. They are made up of several different materials, so it is important to buy a premium yoga mat that matches your needs, as well as your budget. However, a high-quality yoga mat will retain its original shape and feel even after hundreds of uses, while a low-quality mat will quickly wear out. Many varieties exist, each tailored to a specific style of yoga practice. A high-quality yoga mat has several features that make it stand out from cheaper mats, including a thicker rubber cover, a non-skid bottom layer, anti-slip rubber, and a pleasant texture. These mats are superior to their cheaper counterparts because they are more durable, offer a firmer footing, and are more pleasant to stand on for extended periods.