Epoxy floors are found to be used commonly on commercial and industrial sites. The application of these is done commonly over the concrete floors in order to provide high performance, durable and smooth surfaces that can last for a longer period and can hold heavy loads. In order to maintain a clean and safe environment for the employees’ industrial sites, warehouses and commercial buildings generally rely on the epoxy floors.
The process of coating preparation
- The concrete must be fully cured before applying epoxy floors The major patches and cracks are prepared and removed from the concrete surface. This is because epoxy coating needs a porous and clean surface to get fixed properly, which is why polished concrete flaw is preferred.
- The layers of Epoxy should be tested if the concrete is old full step this is done by pouring a small amount of water in the floor. If it soaks in, then it is suitable to put epoxy coating, and if it does not, then it is not suitable.
- Temperature suitability should also be tested according to the manufacturer’s recommendation before applying an epoxy coating. If you apply it in unfavorable temperatures, then the Epoxy might bubble and peel off.
- Once you have mixed the product, the time to apply it is limited as the epoxy coating starts to harden.
The advantages of putting epoxy floor coatings
There are some common advantages that prove that epoxy flooring is better than the traditional coatings –
- The surface becomes shiny and high glossy which increases the brightness of interior areas.
- The durability is high as it can withstand the heavy and continuous load.
- It is very easy to install, and the time it takes to get installed is also very little. You do not need any special tools or equipment or different layouts to put these.
- It is super easy to clean and very durable.
- It is ideal for warehouses and commercial applications
- Water and oil stains resistant
- The surface is long-lasting and seamless
- You can also combine them with paint and colors
- Gives you an ideal surface for manufacturing plants that is chemically resistant
- The surface contains anti-slip additives which are safe
- You can also put different patterns to show more creativity
- It prevents the concrete floor from wearing off
- You can apply it on old or new concrete depending upon the product quality
- There’s no major maintenance required for these.
Types of epoxy flooring
Some common types of epoxy flooring that can be used are given below –
- The self-leveling epoxy floors can be utilized and applied over the new and damaged concrete flows in order to create smooth and level texture on the floor. These come in different colors and gives an appealing identity to the commercial and industrial areas. They can even be used in residential spaces.
- The epoxy mortar floors are the ones that can be used in mechanical spaces, warehouses, commercial kitchens, common restaurants, garages, manufacturing plants effectively. This is generally made up of 100% quartz sand. These are chemical resistant and are not easily impacted.
- The quartz-filled epoxy floors are in a combination of high performance and stain-resistant flaws and are generally used in locker rooms, restrooms, schools, cafeterias, etc.
These were some commonly used types of epoxy flooring. When you are about to choose a new flooring system for your industrial use garage or any other reason, you can find many flooring options. Epoxy flooring is highly durable and sustainable. And is the most affordable decorative surface. It can resist a high level of wear and tear and are very long-lasting. If you ever want to get fancy floorings, you should consider epoxy flooring.